Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Cook County and DuPage County are among Illinois’ most populated. They also have some of the state’s largest infrastructure systems, which play host to countless drivers every day. Whether you are commuting to work or simply going to the store, you will want the benefit of strong auto insurance. The right plan will help you avoid worrying about the costs of accidents and countless other driving hazards.
With more than 45 years of experience in the Illinois insurance market, SAMCO Agency is home to an expert and dedicated team of auto insurance specialists. We believe in treating every customer with the respect and understanding that will earn their trust and help us to supply all their coverage solutions. We promise to help you find a policy that is effective, affordable and easy to understand.
To get your policy, call us at (630) 227-9000 or request your quote now!
Common Auto Insurance Questions:
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
There are countless risks associated with driving.
- You might have a wreck, damage your car and sustain injuries.
- Your car might get stolen, catch fire or get damaged in a storm.
- Someone might sue you for their damage and injuries if an accident is your fault.
All these problems could be both overwhelming and expensive. Car insurance is designed to help you afford these costs. If you face a hazard behind the wheel, your policy can step in to pay many of your recovery costs. It helps you afford these losses without having to spend precious personal money.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
The right car insurance is a plan that you have customized to you. This will mean including numerous benefits within your plan. These can include:
- Liability Insurance: When an accident is your fault, this coverage help you pay for the damage you do to others (like other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision Insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical Payments Coverage/Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills and sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: This coverage insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
To make your policy even more specific, you can buy many other benefits like:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Vanishing deductibles
- Gap insurance
- SR-22 insurance
While it might seem confusing or overwhelming to choose the right auto insurance, it doesn’t have to be. SAMCO Agency’s dedicated agents will apply our expert knowledge to help you determine the policy terms that will minimize your financial risk from even the most complicated driving accidents.
What Auto Insurance Is Required by Law?
Illinois uses an at-fault car insurance system, which means that drivers who cause wrecks must pay for the harm they cause to other people and their property.
Therefore, all drivers are required to carry at least the following amounts of liability coverage:
- $25,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per person
- $50,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per accident
- $20,000 Property Damage Liability Coverage
A failure to carry this coverage could result in fines and other penalties.
We recommend that all drivers carry more than just the minimum liability coverage limits. More coverage equals more assistance for costly at-fault claims. We’ll help you increase your benefits while keeping your plan affordable.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost?
Car insurance is not optional, so why should you have to pay astronomical costs for it?
There are numerous factors that might influence your premium costs. These might include your car’s value, the amounts of coverage you buy, your driving record, others insured on your plan, and even where you live. Depending on your risk of filing a claim on your plan, your premium might rise or fall.
However, different insurers offer different opportunities for their clients to save money. That’s why it is imperative that you get the plan that offers you the best cost benefits. We can help you choose the right policy limits, deductibles and coverage endorsements to make your plan fit your needs, but also ensure that you receive the plan that offers you the best discounts.
Why Do I Need Auto Insurance?
Simply put, you need auto insurance because coverage may help you avoid significant financial setbacks if you run into trouble behind the wheel. Numerous hazards—accidents, vandalism, fires and hail, to name a few—may damage your vehicle and create many expensive recovery costs. However, auto insurance may help you cover these costs, reducing how much you must pay out of pocket.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Various factors may influence your auto insurance needs, and you can generally adapt your policy to include the coverage that works for you. However, you will also likely be required to carry at least a minimum amount of coverage to comply with Illinois’ mandatory auto insurance laws. Speak to your SAMCO agent to learn more.
What Coverage Does Auto Insurance Provide?
All auto insurance policies vary, but they typically offer several types of coverage, including:
Other available protection may include roadside assistance coverage, towing coverage and gap coverage. Ask your agent how various coverages can protect you and your vehicle.
You may also be interested in…